What is an Academic Assessment?
* A skills assessment to determine a student’s current functioning in the areas of language acquisition.
* Low-stakes, low-stress assessment
* The initial assessment is necessary in order to gather information about the student’s strengths and weaknesses in reading. It is the first step in making positive changes in your child’s reading abilities.
* An individualized learning plan is created based on the results
* Takes approximately 40-60-minutes
* Is not a formal neuropsychological evaluation; only a psychologist, neurologist, or some speech-language pathologists can administer a test that can diagnose dyslexia.
What to expect: Your child will be given prompts that will help us determine their ability in phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.